One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having small teeth or toothlike projections; finely toothed.
- ‘The denticulate ligaments vary in number between 18 and 22 in normal individuals.’
- ‘The outer lip is crenulated on its edge, and smooth or weakly denticulate on the inner side.’
- ‘Both mesial and distal edges of the crowns are coarsely denticulate, with the denticles oriented at an angle of approximately 45° with respect to the long axis of the crown.’
- ‘Sculpture on the inner side of the outer lip varies from absent to lirate to denticulate.’
- ‘Perhaps the most basal system in which denticulate structures are reasonably well known is the feeding apparatus of conodonts.’
Mid 17th century: from Latin denticulatus, from denticulus ‘small tooth’ (see denticle).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.