One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who makes and repairs artificial teeth.
- ‘During the second half of the century, dental technicians, often working independently in laboratories, fabricated various forms of tooth replacements.’
- ‘He started a dental laboratory in Hollywood, and became a dental technician, assisting dentists of Hollywood celebrities.’
- ‘Kenny wants to open a chain of dental one-stop shops that would each employ a dentist, dental hygienist and dental technician.’
- ‘For years dental technicians have argued that customers should be able to approach them directly for a set of dentures.’
- ‘Many of the ‘face builders’ - or prosthetic technicians - are dental technicians who learn to create crowns, bridges and braces and then undertake further training.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.