Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who makes and repairs artificial teeth.
- ‘Kenny wants to open a chain of dental one-stop shops that would each employ a dentist, dental hygienist and dental technician.’
- ‘During the second half of the century, dental technicians, often working independently in laboratories, fabricated various forms of tooth replacements.’
- ‘He started a dental laboratory in Hollywood, and became a dental technician, assisting dentists of Hollywood celebrities.’
- ‘For years dental technicians have argued that customers should be able to approach them directly for a set of dentures.’
- ‘Many of the ‘face builders’ - or prosthetic technicians - are dental technicians who learn to create crowns, bridges and braces and then undertake further training.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.