One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to assist a dentist in the treatment of patients.
- ‘The young dental nurses learnt the ‘ins and outs’ of teeth by carving plaster cast moulds of the jaw, studying from the incisors to the molars.’
- ‘The service had 20 school clinics, staffed by 22 dentists, three dental therapists, and 25 dental nurses.’
- ‘The dental nurse held my arm and squeezed it reassuringly while the dentist jammed a needle into my gum.’
- ‘Nearly 200 applicants were dentists, hygienists and dental nurses and a further 200 signed the register as doctors or nurses.’
- ‘Often dentists will be managing a team of people encompassing dental nurses, hygienists, receptionists and others, so good administrative and managerial abilities are needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.