Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An ancillary dental worker specializing in scaling and polishing teeth, and giving advice on oral hygiene.
- ‘Your dentist may recommend occasional appointments with a dental hygienist.’
- ‘General dentists and dental hygienists can also provide more limited periodontal care.’
- ‘In some states, dental hygienists can open an independent practice and in others they can administer anesthetics.’
- ‘Your dentist or dental hygienist will be able to tell you whether you are cleaning your teeth properly and advise you on how to clean any areas you are missing.’
- ‘In 1908, Alfred C. Fones established the first school for dental hygienists; by midcentury, every state recognized and regulated hygienists.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.