Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An ancillary dental worker specializing in scaling and polishing teeth, and giving advice on oral hygiene.
- ‘General dentists and dental hygienists can also provide more limited periodontal care.’
- ‘Your dentist or dental hygienist will be able to tell you whether you are cleaning your teeth properly and advise you on how to clean any areas you are missing.’
- ‘In 1908, Alfred C. Fones established the first school for dental hygienists; by midcentury, every state recognized and regulated hygienists.’
- ‘Your dentist may recommend occasional appointments with a dental hygienist.’
- ‘In some states, dental hygienists can open an independent practice and in others they can administer anesthetics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.