One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formula expressing the number and kinds of teeth possessed by a mammal. A dental formula is usually written in the form of four ‘fractions’, one for each type of tooth, with the upper and lower lines describing the upper and lower jaws respectively.
- ‘Diet (where known) and dental formula were also taken into account.’
- ‘Their dental formulae and molar shape vary considerably among species.’
- ‘Ellis claimed that the two populations could be separated based on slight differences of their respective dental formulae.’
- ‘The dental formula of tapirs is similar to that of the equids.’
- ‘Tooth extractions, though offering a solution to the discomfort and agony caused by tooth decay, can lead to a distortion in the dental formula due to loss of teeth in the mouth and it can cause difficulties in chewing soluble food.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.