One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft thread of floss silk or similar material used to clean between the teeth.
- ‘Use dental floss to clean between your teeth and remove any trapped food that could cause tooth decay.’
- ‘It is very important if your gums are bleeding to clean them more thoroughly, not less, ensuring that you brush every surface of the tooth and clean in between the teeth with dental floss or interdental brushes.’
- ‘Interdental cleaning tools such as dental floss and interdental brushes can help you clean hard-to-reach areas of your teeth, such as between the teeth and under the gumline.’
- ‘A soft, small-head toothbrush and a strand of dental floss are the tools required for effective and thorough plaque removal.’
- ‘Besides the sophisticated equipment, a few companies had on display a whole range of oral health products like mouthwash, toothpaste and dental floss at the exhibition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.