One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Employing the concept of ‘tribe’ is beset with denotative and connotative baggage.’
- ‘A focus on language, connotative and denotative meaning, is especially important in the cultural adaptation process.’
- ‘Instead, each of us is to use the denotative and connotative meanings of these terms with which we are most comfortable.’
- ‘Provocations include not only the lack of grammar, but highly disjunctive and often obscure use of line breaks which abandon denotative and connotative functions of words in favour of half swallowed or choked sounds.’
- ‘Stories are never just arguments; they work most effectively by being neither didactic nor definitive: they attract and hold our attention because they are connotative not denotative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.