One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove or cut off the nerve supply from (a body part or organ)‘the denervated muscle fibres’
- ‘Complications of this congenital abnormality range from paralysis, hydrocephalus, scoliosis, contractures, and joint dislocation to potential skin erosion of sensory denervated areas.’
- ‘This syndrome also illustrates the capacity of motor nerves to recover and to reinnervate the denervated face muscles.’
- ‘Diagnosis of the condition can be difficult because transplant recipients have denervated hearts and rarely present with chest pain.’
- ‘Surgical options in the treatment of sialorrhea include surgery on the salivary glands and ducts, and surgery to denervate the glands.’
- ‘Injury to the long thoracic nerve denervates the serratus anterior muscle and causes a winged scapula.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.