One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific study of trees.
- ‘I was introduced to the concept of phenotype during a course in forest dendrology, the taxonomy of trees.’
- ‘The process of naming plants and classifying them into those groupings is called nomenclature; the study of trees themselves is called dendrology.’
- ‘It should certainly be considered as a student textbook for courses on dendrology and field botany.’
- ‘This is not just another tree guide or dendrology text for identifying trees and describing their characteristics.’
- ‘Scientists do not yet fully understand all the actions and interactions of autumn leaf colors, but you may want to try contacting a dendrology department at a university with a forestry school.’
- ‘I imagine that the text could easily be used by any college level dendrology class taught in neighboring states.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.