One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tree diagram, especially one showing taxonomic relationships.
- ‘In a phylogenetic dendrogram, branches and twigs here and there show saltations into a new grade.’
- ‘Sufficient sequence data have now been accumulated to permit the construction of a dendrogram of the family and the identification of conserved sequence motifs.’
- ‘The proposed methodology is applicable to a broad class of problems that require comparison of the topological properties of various dendrograms.’
- ‘Such dendrograms present the data from high-dimensional row spaces in a form that facilitates the use of human pattern recognition abilities.’
- ‘The topologies of dendrograms portrayed songs of birds known to be extimus uniting with other extimus, and birds known to be adastus clustering with other adastus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.