A tree diagram, especially one showing taxonomic relationships.
- ‘The topologies of dendrograms portrayed songs of birds known to be extimus uniting with other extimus, and birds known to be adastus clustering with other adastus.’
- ‘The proposed methodology is applicable to a broad class of problems that require comparison of the topological properties of various dendrograms.’
- ‘Sufficient sequence data have now been accumulated to permit the construction of a dendrogram of the family and the identification of conserved sequence motifs.’
- ‘Such dendrograms present the data from high-dimensional row spaces in a form that facilitates the use of human pattern recognition abilities.’
- ‘In a phylogenetic dendrogram, branches and twigs here and there show saltations into a new grade.’