One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The science or technique of dating events, environmental change, and archaeological artefacts by using the characteristic patterns of annual growth rings in timber and tree trunks.
- ‘In this study, we examine the suitability of dendrochronology to uncover climatic responses in tree rings at small scales in two species of pine on the Virginia Piedmont.’
- ‘Encroachment of woody vegetation into the grassy openings was assessed using belt transects and dendrochronology.’
- ‘At the tower's core is a massively strong timber frame, which dendrochronology has recently dated to between 1207 and 1216 with rebuilding using many of the old timbers in 1668-9.’
- ‘Radiocarbon suggested construction between AD 900-1020, and dendrochronology dates the felling of three trees to AD 1080-1120.’
- ‘If the Stafford mill proves to be medieval following dendrochronology dating, it will be the first medieval double mill found in Britain made of timber.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.