Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Open to demurrer.
- ‘Without such allegation that the contract was assigned, that part of the pleading would then be demurrable.’
- ‘And if a claim is demurrable there might arise a question, as arose in the present case, as to whether it could possibly be saved by amendment.’
- ‘A plea of a fair and accurate report of foreign judicial proceedings was not demurrable.’
- ‘A conclusion of law renders no issue, and a complaint which depends upon such allegations is insufficient and demurrable.’
- ‘The emotional distress cause of action was demurrable on other grounds, but leave to amend should have been granted.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.