One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Open to demurrer.
- ‘The emotional distress cause of action was demurrable on other grounds, but leave to amend should have been granted.’
- ‘And if a claim is demurrable there might arise a question, as arose in the present case, as to whether it could possibly be saved by amendment.’
- ‘A conclusion of law renders no issue, and a complaint which depends upon such allegations is insufficient and demurrable.’
- ‘A plea of a fair and accurate report of foreign judicial proceedings was not demurrable.’
- ‘Without such allegation that the contract was assigned, that part of the pleading would then be demurrable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.