One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Open to demurrer.
- ‘And if a claim is demurrable there might arise a question, as arose in the present case, as to whether it could possibly be saved by amendment.’
- ‘The emotional distress cause of action was demurrable on other grounds, but leave to amend should have been granted.’
- ‘Without such allegation that the contract was assigned, that part of the pleading would then be demurrable.’
- ‘A plea of a fair and accurate report of foreign judicial proceedings was not demurrable.’
- ‘A conclusion of law renders no issue, and a complaint which depends upon such allegations is insufficient and demurrable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.