One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is several thousands times faster than the technique used by trained deminers equipped with probes, who clear 40m² of mined area per day.’
- ‘In September I had the opportunity to visit some mine sites, and watch manual deminers prod the ground every two centimeters to locate mines.’
- ‘At the end of each shift in the minefields, the deminers detonate the mines they've found in situ.’
- ‘Part of the funding will be used to provide life insurance cover for deminers and to pay compensation for victims of the mines, he said.’
- ‘Rather than expose deminers to the danger of handling a possibly booby-trapped device, several methods have been proposed for destroying mines in situ without actually detonating them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.