One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some way into the forest Kira stopped abruptly, pressed her nose to the earth and began to dig dementedly.’
- ‘I started to laugh quietly, resentfully, dementedly.’
- ‘I figured this was his dementedly cryptic way of letting me know he was there to settle my gambling debt.’
- ‘His mother and favourite sister had died of tuberculosis in 1868 and 1877 respectively, and his father - driven close to insanity with grief - became almost dementedly pious.’
- ‘His face was dementedly squeezed; sweat was running down while his eyebrows were those of a devil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.