One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A financial draft payable on demand.
- ‘They will accept cash, cheques and demand drafts for property tax payment.’
- ‘As an initial contribution, a demand draft for Rs.45,000 was handed over to the Collector last week.’
- ‘As a result, the bank's customers in all its ‘computerised’ branches wait for hours in a row every morning to encash their cheques, or get a demand draft or even to remit cash.’
- ‘They need to also send in a non-refundable demand draft for Rs. 500 along with their application.’
- ‘When he regained consciousness at the hospital, he found that he had been deprived of two demand drafts worth Rs 15,000 each and Rs 500 in cash on his person.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.