One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In this way, the homoeopathic remedy replaces the natural disease with a temporary remedial potence that delusively mimics the original malady.’
- ‘The new constitution, instead of being the panacea for every grievance so delusively represented by its advocates will be found upon examination to be like Pandora's box.’
- ‘Rebecca was delusively believing that herself.’
- ‘But the ways of a globalized ecology, rigged as it is upon a patchwork of political boundaries, works often delusively, rarely inscribing itself in a single language.’
- ‘He dies, some say, with a redemptive, even hopeful vision emerging provisionally, perhaps delusively from the suffering of the tragedy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.