One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From beneficial protectors to deliverers of evil, owls have been important in human superstitions across cultures throughout the world.’
- ‘Writing in 1888, historian Henry Howe said that when MacGahan returned to Bulgaria in 1877, he was everywhere hailed as a liberator and deliverer.’
- ‘Quicksilver, liquid metal, nickname for Mercury, keeper of eloquence and dexterity, protector of roads, deliverer of the messages we need.’
- ‘Those ministers who are up to the job have to be liberated to become the leaders and deliverers of change.’
- ‘The concept of a redeemer, a liberator, or a deliverer is much closer to the state of mind that is prevalent today than is the innocuous and ambiguous term information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.