One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our air strategy deliberatively avoided critical civilian infrastructure and our bombing did not hit major residential areas, but there were doubtless many civilian casualties.’
- ‘Indeed, many critical theorists have a surprisingly standard conception of how democracy is best organized discursively and deliberatively.’
- ‘This stewardship is multifaceted: The couple deliberatively stewards the land, the community and their family life.’
- ‘Like the characters in this tale, people are often torn between impulsively choosing immediate rewards or more deliberatively planning for the future.’
- ‘And he does tend to overuse a few devices, like rhetorical questions, deliberatively repetitive phrasing, and direct address.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.