One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our air strategy deliberatively avoided critical civilian infrastructure and our bombing did not hit major residential areas, but there were doubtless many civilian casualties.’
- ‘This stewardship is multifaceted: The couple deliberatively stewards the land, the community and their family life.’
- ‘And he does tend to overuse a few devices, like rhetorical questions, deliberatively repetitive phrasing, and direct address.’
- ‘Indeed, many critical theorists have a surprisingly standard conception of how democracy is best organized discursively and deliberatively.’
- ‘Like the characters in this tale, people are often torn between impulsively choosing immediate rewards or more deliberatively planning for the future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.