One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If you inherit a disease from your grandmother and it is a disease that manifests itself in the third generation, you yourself will be deleteriously affected.’
- ‘Other Faiths have other tenets, and should be allowed to practice their religion as they see fit, always providing that practice does not deleteriously affect others.’
- ‘They claimed that their competitive position on the market would be deleteriously affected by the grant of such aid.’
- ‘That is, as long as adventure travel doesn't deleteriously affect the sacred traditions of the region.’
- ‘Your family, your children, your pets all might be deleteriously affected by your second-hand smoke.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.