One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of reducing the number of levels in the hierarchy of employees in an organization.‘downsizing and delayering have severely undermined staff loyalty’
- ‘A comprehensive process of institutional delayering has to be kick-started.’
- ‘Amid downsizing and delayering, most employees face both fewer opportunities for promotion and little hope of escape to some new employer.’
- ‘Downsizing, delayering, and rising credentialism are factors that have careers during the 1980s and 1990s, resulting in spiral and transitory career patterns becoming more common.’
- ‘At this level, delayering is accompanied by the need for self-supervision by work groups (sometimes called their empowerment).’
- ‘The delayering thrust in organizations is said to occur due to technological change, increased global competition, and retrenchment during recessions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.