Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clear (a room or other space) by disposing of clutter and unwanted possessions.‘dejunk the house before you move’
- ‘Today, we spent time together dejunking the yucky room in the house.’
- ‘I've been busy dejunking my apartment because I'm going to be buying a house in a year or so and I don't want to move a bunch of garbage.’
- ‘By choosing just one area of the attic for one dejunking session, and saving the rest for the next time, you'll do the job more thoroughly and you'll feel a greater sense of accomplishment.’
- ‘Last weekend Troy and I completely dejunked the house.’
- ‘You know, when I'm busy I'm full of dejunking fervour.’
- ‘The higher your number of ` Yes’ responses, the more you need to invest time and energy in dejunking and uncluttering your workspace.’
- ‘We need the power to dejunk to throw out all of these emotions.’
- ‘I have made a lot of headway in dejunking our house and trying to simplify our lives.’
- ‘If you have never really dejunked the toys before, the first time may be painful, both for the kids and you.’
- ‘As you say, dejunking gives one a wonderful feeling of lightness and relief.’
- ‘Nothing has made its way back in there yet and is still in piles in my room but it will make it back and get dejunked at the same time.’
- ‘Their method of dejunking and streamlining is so easy to follow it can be mastered by even the worst slobs.’
- ‘This is the first time this room has been dejunked in five years.’
- ‘Having a more positive approach to making choices builds your confidence - and dejunks your clutter.’
- ‘Clearing the space for it and dejunking my study took far more time and energy than buying the materials and putting the boards up.’
- ‘Add to that the exhausting thought of dejunking a chock-full attic and garage for the next several weekends - suddenly hiring an expert sounds like a brilliant idea!’
- ‘Now that we are ready to start dejunking and unclutter our lives, let's look at a few dejunking tips.’
- ‘We painted both the family room and my bedroom and dejunked literally every room in the house.’
- ‘The dejunking phase requires the time to try on all my spring clothes and the courage to discard those that are from a life and body I don't have anymore.’
- ‘Let's talk about doing this under the categories of dejunking and organizing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.