Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove (an application or file) from a computer.
- ‘I wish to deinstal these two programs.’
- ‘Now we want to program an update, which recognizes the old one, saves some files, and finally deinstals it.’
- ‘So does this mean I should deinstall any streaming-video software from my laptop before I visit the UK, lest I be charged the TV license fee while going through customs?’
- ‘To deinstal a driver please use the software section in your system settings.’
- ‘Go to device manager and remove all audio hardware, go go remove install and deinstal audio driver if there, restart.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.