Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove ink from (paper being recycled).
- ‘In the future newsprint will be deinked, and reused several times until the level of fiber drops to an unusable level.’
- ‘Demand-side policy induced new newsprint deinking entries, allowed mills to acquire larger market shares of ONP, and led to greater input price distortion levels.’
- ‘By 1990, we'd convinced the paper industry to make massive investments in deinking and recycled pulp, but then the environmental movement disappeared on that issue.’
- ‘To deink these higher grades of paper, a new generation of deinking mills has recently begun operation in the US and Canada.’
- ‘In the South, larger input price distortions occurred in the period 1991-1995 as the number of deinking mills owned by newsprint mills increased and their market shares of ONP input grew.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.