One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those events serve to undermine the inappropriate deification of these otherwise ordinary people.’
- ‘During the Late Period his veneration extended to deification and he became a local god at Memphis where he was glorified for his skills as a physician and a healer.’
- ‘Now, 20 years after his death, the people of that intense, teeming, vibrant place still hold him in a regard which borders on deification.’
- ‘It is to his credit that he has long resisted deification and hero worship, indeed all the elaborate trappings of being a living symbol.’
- ‘I'm sure though we can all think of the fabulously wealthy who have no problem taking advantage of their deification to extract even greater wealth and power from society at large.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.