One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During the Late Period his veneration extended to deification and he became a local god at Memphis where he was glorified for his skills as a physician and a healer.’
- ‘Those events serve to undermine the inappropriate deification of these otherwise ordinary people.’
- ‘It is to his credit that he has long resisted deification and hero worship, indeed all the elaborate trappings of being a living symbol.’
- ‘I'm sure though we can all think of the fabulously wealthy who have no problem taking advantage of their deification to extract even greater wealth and power from society at large.’
- ‘Now, 20 years after his death, the people of that intense, teeming, vibrant place still hold him in a regard which borders on deification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.