Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove the husk or husks from (grain).
- ‘Jute was just another convenient natural material that could be made into large bags to store everything from dehusked coconuts to polished rice to fresh vegetables.’
- ‘Some of his skills include using his teeth to dehusk 60 coconuts in half an hour.’
- ‘He will have a stall at this weekend's Farmer's market, with the dehusking plant and harvesters on show.’
- ‘Mature dehusked Malayan Yellow Dwarf coconuts were obtained from the Coconut Industry Board, Jamaica.’
- ‘Seeds were dehusked and surface sterilized.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.