One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the husk or husks from (grain).
- ‘Some of his skills include using his teeth to dehusk 60 coconuts in half an hour.’
- ‘Seeds were dehusked and surface sterilized.’
- ‘Jute was just another convenient natural material that could be made into large bags to store everything from dehusked coconuts to polished rice to fresh vegetables.’
- ‘Mature dehusked Malayan Yellow Dwarf coconuts were obtained from the Coconut Industry Board, Jamaica.’
- ‘He will have a stall at this weekend's Farmer's market, with the dehusking plant and harvesters on show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.