One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hull
- ‘Tempe is traditionally made from whole, dry soya beans which are washed, soaked until soft, partially dehulled, and boiled for a short time; this eliminates their pungent ‘beany’ flavour.’
- ‘Although oat oil makes up about 6 percent of most dehulled oats, it is rarely sold commercially.’
- ‘Seeds were dehulled using a manual dehuller and grains were evaluated as described for seeds.’
- ‘Some proso goes through a dehulling process and supplies both human and animal needs.’
- ‘Saponins are traditionally removed from quinoa by washing the grain before cooking it, although mechanical dehulling by abrasion is also effective.’
- ‘Oats are dehulled, crimped, and kiln dried, and will not germinate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.