Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a cell) lose or release granules of a substance, typically as part of an immune reaction.‘the eosinophils degranulate, releasing the toxic contents of the granules’
- ‘We found corroborative evidence that neutrophils are stimulated to degranulate and produce reactive oxidants in the airways of children with Cystic Fibrosis.’
- ‘It has been demonstrated that DEPs directly degranulate mast cells and increase histamine levels and symptom severity in humans.’
- ‘When mast cells degranulate they release tryptase, in addition to histamine and prostaglandins.’
- ‘Pus is thick because of its high DNA content from degranulated cells.’
- ‘IL - 8 also activates neutrophils to degranulate and cause tissue damage.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.