One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This article reviews current knowledge of starch metabolism in higher plants, and focuses on the control and regulation of the biosynthetic and degradative pathways.’
- ‘Most represent degradative enzyme deficiencies, but some of the genes encode transport, stabilizer, or activator proteins.’
- ‘Other characteristics thought to be critical to pathogenesis are adhesiveness to host cells, secretion of degradative enzymes, and interactions with the immune system.’
- ‘It is questionable whether aerosol administration of such liposome systems would prove protective against degradative processes in the lung parenchyma.’
- ‘These enzymes participate in the degradative process of compounds taken up by lysosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.