One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make or become free of unwanted or excess gas.no object ‘the summit craters were degassing freely’
- ‘If this happens slowly, the gas bubbles will slowly migrate through the magma and degas.’
- ‘Excess solution was removed and fresh degassed buffer solution was added to the sample and allowed to incubate for 30-60 min before imaging.’
- ‘All solutions were degassed by evacuation to reduce the noise.’
- ‘First, we assume that the magma degassing process is open, meaning that gas and bubbles are lost from the magma during degassing.’
- ‘Solvents were filtered and degassed by sonification and vacuum before use.’
- ‘Both lipid and protein solutions were degassed under vacuum immediately before use.’
- ‘Faults provide additional pathways, such as dykes, for magma transport and also may help to degas the magma during its ascent.’
- ‘Solutions were degassed under vacuum before use.’
- ‘Depending on the initial volatile content of the ‘primary’ or ‘deep’ magma, volatile saturation is reached at a certain point, and the magma begins to degas.’
- ‘Mud volcanoes are an important global mechanism for degassing deeply buried sediments and it has been estimated that several thousand occur globally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.