One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduce the fragmentation of (a file) by concatenating parts stored in separate locations on a disk.‘the safe way to defragment your files’
- ‘Choose the disk you want to defragment and expect to let the program run for several hours.’
- ‘Another thing to bear in mind is that if programs are installed and uninstalled regularly then the hard disk will rapidly become fragmented, so it is a good idea to defragment the drive.’
- ‘With today's large and fast hard drives and more efficient operating systems, one maintenance task that's no longer as necessary is disk defragmenting.’
- ‘You can choose which drives to defragment and whether to shut-down or reboot Windows once the deed is done.’
- ‘Also disable the screen saver while the disk is defragmenting as it will cause the process to interrupt and re-start.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.