One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verbdefragged, defragging, defragsComputing
- short for defragment
- ‘And of course, I also recommend that you defrag your hard drive after every cleaning.’
- ‘After every test, all drives were defragged and the system was rebooted.’
- ‘Look after your hard drive - check the integrity of your hard drive to avoid irregularities in the way your PC stores files and defrag to ensure that files are not saved in fragments.’
- ‘I spend a good chunk of time trying to track down the problem - running diagnostics, defragging the hard drive, updating drivers, etc.’
- ‘I have more important chores, like formatting and defragging my floppies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.