Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for defragment
- ‘I spend a good chunk of time trying to track down the problem - running diagnostics, defragging the hard drive, updating drivers, etc.’
- ‘And of course, I also recommend that you defrag your hard drive after every cleaning.’
- ‘I have more important chores, like formatting and defragging my floppies.’
- ‘After every test, all drives were defragged and the system was rebooted.’
- ‘Look after your hard drive - check the integrity of your hard drive to avoid irregularities in the way your PC stores files and defrag to ensure that files are not saved in fragments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.