Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for demisting a vehicle windscreen.
- ‘I brood over this thought, as I warm up the car and switch on the defogger.’
- ‘The windows were getting fogged up, so Graeme pushed the defogger on.’
- ‘I was concentrating on getting out of the parking lot and wishing I had spent the extra $120 on a rear window defogger.’
- ‘That recommendation was acted on, so there are such standard features as CD player, rear window defogger, 60/40 split seats, full wheel covers, digital clock, and body-side molding.’
- ‘All come with a list of standard features including air conditioning, electric rear defogger, CD player, driver information center and a split-bench rear seat with a pass-through to the trunk area.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.