One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The GDP deflator, an overall price index, fell 3.5 percent from a year earlier, the sharpest ever drop, adding to the deflationary problems dominating the Japanese economy.’
- ‘This means that the real wage deflators applied to nominal local wages can be very much dependent on the particular time period chosen.’
- ‘Similarly the yearly rate of growth of the personal consumption price deflator jumped to 2.5% in May from 1.5% in February.’
- ‘The GDP deflator, a key inflation gauge, rose 1.0% in the third quarter in the fourth quarter, down from the 1.6% growth in the preceding quarter.’
- ‘Even the statistical sleight-of-hand that constitutes the current measure of consumer price inflation is at a nine-year high and the GDP implicit price deflator is at a five-year peak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.