Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An integral expressed as the difference between the values of the integral at specified upper and lower limits of the independent variable.→ integral
- ‘His doctoral dissertation On definite integrals and functions with application in expansion of series was an early investigation of the theory of singular integral equations.’
- ‘His first paper on definite integrals appeared in the Messenger of mathematics.’
- ‘His mathematical output remained strong and in 1814 he published the memoir on definite integrals that later became the basis of his theory of complex functions.’
- ‘In Abel's third paper, Solutions of some problems by means of definite integrals he gave the first solution of an integral equation.’
- ‘He attended courses by Dirichlet on the theory of numbers, on potential theory, on definite integrals, and on partial differential equations.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.