One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apparatus used to control heart fibrillation by application of an electric current to the chest wall or heart.
- ‘Other options, defibrillators and heart transplants, are highly invasive and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.’
- ‘The people using a defibrillator to restore normal heart rhythm in places like these usually have had no medical training.’
- ‘In the early 1990s, the role of electrical defibrillators gained prominence.’
- ‘The only other options are implanted defibrillators that administer electric shocks to the heart, and transplants.’
- ‘The medical team had a defibrillator with them and I was resuscitated within a few minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.