One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apparatus used to control heart fibrillation by application of an electric current to the chest wall or heart.
- ‘The medical team had a defibrillator with them and I was resuscitated within a few minutes.’
- ‘Other options, defibrillators and heart transplants, are highly invasive and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.’
- ‘In the early 1990s, the role of electrical defibrillators gained prominence.’
- ‘The only other options are implanted defibrillators that administer electric shocks to the heart, and transplants.’
- ‘The people using a defibrillator to restore normal heart rhythm in places like these usually have had no medical training.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.