Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An apparatus used to control heart fibrillation by application of an electric current to the chest wall or heart.
- ‘Other options, defibrillators and heart transplants, are highly invasive and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.’
- ‘The people using a defibrillator to restore normal heart rhythm in places like these usually have had no medical training.’
- ‘The medical team had a defibrillator with them and I was resuscitated within a few minutes.’
- ‘The only other options are implanted defibrillators that administer electric shocks to the heart, and transplants.’
- ‘In the early 1990s, the role of electrical defibrillators gained prominence.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.