One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stopping of fibrillation of the heart by administering a controlled electric shock, to allow restoration of the normal rhythm.
- ‘The group trained in CPR and defibrillation administered emergency treatment on 128 heart attack victims, and there were 30 survivors.’
- ‘Frank postulated that if the problem lay outside hospital, ventricular defibrillation should be corrected where it occurred.’
- ‘Traditionally, emergency medical personnel were the only ones who could administer defibrillation.’
- ‘The question of whether incorrect paddle position is a cause of unsuccessful defibrillation of patients in ventricular fibrillation remains unanswered.’
- ‘This led to an investigation into ways of automating defibrillation so that defibrillators might be used by more people and, therefore, be more widely deployed in the community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.