One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner that shows open resistance or bold disobedience.‘he defiantly refused to accept any government money’‘folding her arms, she stood defiantly’
- ‘The country responded defiantly to US sanctions over anti-gay legislation.’
- ‘She defiantly vowed to fight on until August's party convention.’
- ‘He has defiantly defended his record at the company, which generates more than a fifth of the UK's electricity.’
- ‘The revolutionaries marched defiantly towards the heart of the city.’
- ‘Suddenly, Blake found himself surrounded by a bunch of buffalo hunters defiantly waving their Winchester rifles.’
- ‘Few Americans know that nearly two hundred years ago their flag flew proudly and defiantly over part of the town of Hastings in England.’
- ‘But regional assembly backers reacted defiantly to the millionaire's plans.’
- ‘But the country's president defiantly insists the nuclear program is going ahead full steam.’
- ‘He defiantly asserted that weapons provided beauty to man.’
- ‘He would not stop his comments and chose to openly and defiantly declare that nobody will silence him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.