One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player positioned at or near the centre of the defensive line.‘the defensive tackles hold their ground, closing a potential hole and allowing the linebackers to make the tackle’
- ‘You were a defensive tackle in the NFL—your job was to take guys down.’
- ‘Playing in the heart of the meat grinder that is the line of scrimmage, defensive tackles are known more for brute force.’
- ‘The Bucs' interior offensive line is blowing away the Raiders' defensive tackles.’
- ‘The Florida State defensive tackle certainly seemed to have helped himself with an impressive showing in Mobile.’
- ‘Some say he's the best defensive tackle out there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.