One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player positioned at or near the centre of the defensive line.‘the defensive tackles hold their ground, closing a potential hole and allowing the linebackers to make the tackle’
- ‘You were a defensive tackle in the NFL—your job was to take guys down.’
- ‘The Florida State defensive tackle certainly seemed to have helped himself with an impressive showing in Mobile.’
- ‘Some say he's the best defensive tackle out there.’
- ‘The Bucs' interior offensive line is blowing away the Raiders' defensive tackles.’
- ‘Playing in the heart of the meat grinder that is the line of scrimmage, defensive tackles are known more for brute force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.