One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A design problem in writing a short piece is that insufficient space to say things defensibly inevitably generates misunderstandings.’
- ‘In addition, it is essential to construct the question so that correct options are defensibly correct and distracters are defensibly incorrect.’
- ‘Commercial country music might defensibly be described as a ‘verbal’ art form.’
- ‘In some ways Lewis's theory is the diametric opposite of the equally clear-cut theory first proposed by Jaakko Hintikka (that Cubism is rigorously and defensibly realism) - a theory Lewis in effect ascribes to Clark.’
- ‘Even a good chunk of the much-hailed decline in crime rates is defensibly assigned to full employment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.