One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The discharge of faeces from the body.‘the ulcer causes pain that occurs during defecation’
excretion, discharging faeces, excreting faeces, passing faeces, evacuation of one's bowels, opening one's bowels, going to the lavatoryView synonyms
- ‘For example, strong fear, as with soldiers in battle, increases heart rates and blood pressure and may incite uncontrolled defecation or urination.’
- ‘This process continued until a sufficient number of defecations were observed and sample collection could commence.’
- ‘The programme did not appropriately address the community's resistance to opt for toilets as an alternative to open defecation.’
- ‘Actually, raising pets stimulates dispute among many residents, due to the problem of animal defecation in public areas, and barking.’
- ‘‘Middening’ in cats means deliberate defecation in strategic places.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.