One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Learning to Fall is not a book for cowards, but it is ideal for all those moments in which the spirit yearns to rise high above self-pity and chronic misery and defeatism.’
- ‘Before concluding, we reiterate the importance of high morale and caution against false rumors, defeatism, uncertainty, and discouragement.’
- ‘But what I heard in Art's voice was a sound of such despair and defeatism, that, you know, it was clear that he'd given up.’
- ‘In any case I ask all our friends not to be too emotional and weak stomached, and above all not to help the enemy in what he is desperate to achieve, i.e. defeatism and despair.’
- ‘Such parental pressure, could lead to a distorted perspective, disappointment, defeatism, withdrawal, hurt, anger and much worse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.