One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We're done for today,’ Zukiwsky says defeatedly into his walkie-talkie.’
- ‘Shaking his head defeatedly, he gestured to the screen, ‘Apparently, he disappeared in Russia about a week ago when the family was visiting the country.’’
- ‘Jamie sighed defeatedly, too miserable to continue, and Koda dug into his pockets.’
- ‘‘I can't work like this - damn,’ she shrugged defeatedly.’
- ‘To drive his point further home, Alan defeatedly looked at his watch and said, ‘I'd better get you home, Sweetheart.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.