One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Shaking his head defeatedly, he gestured to the screen, ‘Apparently, he disappeared in Russia about a week ago when the family was visiting the country.’’
- ‘‘We're done for today,’ Zukiwsky says defeatedly into his walkie-talkie.’
- ‘‘I can't work like this - damn,’ she shrugged defeatedly.’
- ‘To drive his point further home, Alan defeatedly looked at his watch and said, ‘I'd better get you home, Sweetheart.’’
- ‘Jamie sighed defeatedly, too miserable to continue, and Koda dug into his pockets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.