One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large enclosed area of ground attached to a country house, in which deer are kept.
- ‘The trust says that local farmers were consulted because of the proximity of their stock to the deer herds in the estate's deer park.’
- ‘Deer, once mainly confined to deer parks, have become a common sight in roadside fields, indicating just how numbers have grown over the past few years.’
- ‘The deer park is a wonderful place to go, particularly in an evening.’
- ‘Swinton Park is a real castle, with turrets, and a deer park, a cookery school in the stables, and a spa.’
- ‘Celebrities say they enjoy the serenity of the grounds, which was land originally bequeathed as a deer park to 11 th century monks.’
- ‘The stags used are owned and kept at a deer park by the hunt.’
- ‘The estate includes a 17th century deer park with a herd of fallow deer, and ornamental gardens.’
- ‘Dick is Warden of Ancient Woodland at Ashampstead and the volunteers are working in an area which used to be a 13 th century deer park.’
- ‘No visit to Ripley Castle would be complete without a stroll round its beautiful gardens, impressive lake and deer park.’
- ‘Cai Zhengqing, manager of Peace Park, said it is the first time the deer park has used the medicine.’
- ‘Mr Brooksbank said the Trust had no plans of its own to close the deer park entrance.’
- ‘Among the attractions on the site are a deer park, ponds and Tudor Mill.’
- ‘Loton Park is in a deer park owned by Sir Michael Leighton, and is situated 9 miles west of Shrewsbury on the B493 road.’
- ‘He was thought to have left Stratford after he was caught poaching in the deer park of Sir Thomas Lucy.’
- ‘Perhaps the park was once a deer park.’
- ‘Presently, the country has 164 recognised zoos, of which 54 are major ones, the rest being mini-zoos and deer parks.’
- ‘The land, which once formed part of Sheffield Castle's deer park, includes the remains of two farm settlements.’
- ‘Last month's incident has strengthened the trust's call for security to be stepped up on the 125-acre former deer park.’
- ‘A rivulet that flows through the rocks and the thick greenery below from atop the hill resort and near the deer park is a grand spectacle.’
- ‘The long-term impact of such a scenario is the creation of "deer savannas" or "deer parks."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.