One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large enclosed area of ground attached to a country house, in which deer are kept.
- ‘The stags used are owned and kept at a deer park by the hunt.’
- ‘Last month's incident has strengthened the trust's call for security to be stepped up on the 125-acre former deer park.’
- ‘A rivulet that flows through the rocks and the thick greenery below from atop the hill resort and near the deer park is a grand spectacle.’
- ‘Among the attractions on the site are a deer park, ponds and Tudor Mill.’
- ‘No visit to Ripley Castle would be complete without a stroll round its beautiful gardens, impressive lake and deer park.’
- ‘Cai Zhengqing, manager of Peace Park, said it is the first time the deer park has used the medicine.’
- ‘Celebrities say they enjoy the serenity of the grounds, which was land originally bequeathed as a deer park to 11 th century monks.’
- ‘He was thought to have left Stratford after he was caught poaching in the deer park of Sir Thomas Lucy.’
- ‘Perhaps the park was once a deer park.’
- ‘The deer park is a wonderful place to go, particularly in an evening.’
- ‘Deer, once mainly confined to deer parks, have become a common sight in roadside fields, indicating just how numbers have grown over the past few years.’
- ‘Swinton Park is a real castle, with turrets, and a deer park, a cookery school in the stables, and a spa.’
- ‘The trust says that local farmers were consulted because of the proximity of their stock to the deer herds in the estate's deer park.’
- ‘The estate includes a 17th century deer park with a herd of fallow deer, and ornamental gardens.’
- ‘The land, which once formed part of Sheffield Castle's deer park, includes the remains of two farm settlements.’
- ‘The long-term impact of such a scenario is the creation of "deer savannas" or "deer parks."’
- ‘Presently, the country has 164 recognised zoos, of which 54 are major ones, the rest being mini-zoos and deer parks.’
- ‘Dick is Warden of Ancient Woodland at Ashampstead and the volunteers are working in an area which used to be a 13 th century deer park.’
- ‘Loton Park is in a deer park owned by Sir Michael Leighton, and is situated 9 miles west of Shrewsbury on the B493 road.’
- ‘Mr Brooksbank said the Trust had no plans of its own to close the deer park entrance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.