One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A farm on which deer are bred for meat.‘their enterprise is the largest deer farm in the country’
- ‘Headlands Farm Park is a whole peninsula that is a deer farm, but where people can buy a section where they build their own houses.’
- ‘They live in a newly built house overlooking their home base, Criffel Deer Farm.’
- ‘Growing up on a deer farm in central Hawke's Bay, she showed an interest in agriculture from a young age.’
- ‘He was responsible for setting up the first experimental deer farm at Lincoln College, Canterbury, to investigate the feasibility of farming deer.’
- ‘At a deer farm near Goulburn, New South Wales, could it be that there's something about Rudolph's antlers that can help repair skeletons in people.’
- ‘Locals are trying to raise the money to buy the estate, which contains a deer farm.’
- ‘He was importing deer from New Zealand and was running a deer farm.’
- ‘My parents moved to France 30 years ago to set up the country's first deer farm.’
- ‘We also have huge numbers of deer farms.’
- ‘We are seeing that astronomical increase in the rate of nitrate application, in particular, on sheep farms, on deer farms, and, most noticeably, on dairy farms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.