Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A kiss involving insertion of the tongue into the partner's mouth.
- ‘It wasn't even a deep kiss, but it was the best kiss of my entire life.’
- ‘It was a deep kiss, one showing an emotion that even I could not describe, and I have a very good way with words.’
- ‘Finally he pressed his lips to hers in a deep kiss.’
- ‘‘I hope it's you,’ Trent breathed quickly, cradling her face in his hands and pulling her into a very deep kiss.’
- ‘But he knew he had to go, so he gave Jillian a deep kiss as a good-night kiss and went out the door.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.