One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In one's inmost feelings, despite appearances to the contrary.‘I was happy on the outside, but deep down I was devastated’
- ‘I believe that deep down, people want to confess their mistakes.’
- ‘Some youngsters think these stories about the past are dreadfully boring and they don't want to hear them anymore but deep down, I think, they know it's part of themselves.’
- ‘I have to hope that deep down, some of them know what they're doing is wrong.’
- ‘It wouldn't surprise me if we just simply drifted apart because deep down neither of us think that it's going anywhere.’
- ‘Workers were promising to fight plans to close the plant down, while deep down admitting they were fighting a losing battle.’
- ‘You know deep down, you do not want to do this.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.