Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of breathing deeply, especially as a method of relaxation.‘calm your nerves by deep breathing’as modifier ‘he started to do deep-breathing exercises’
- ‘She began listening to relaxation tapes on a daily basis and doing deep-breathing exercises to reduce feelings of stress.’
- ‘You might consider specific stress reduction techniques, such as yoga, meditation, tai chi or deep-breathing exercises.’
- ‘Relaxation methods, such as deep breathing, meditation, and exercise are useful ways to cope with stress.’
- ‘Have a bath, use deep-breathing techniques or buy a relaxation tape.’
- ‘Do some relaxation exercises, deep breathing or whatever works to keep you cool.’
- ‘It is important to do deep breathing exercises to help to reduce the risk of developing a chest infection.’
- ‘She suggests light, deep breathing exercises that help you relax, along with traditional tummy flattening routines.’
- ‘Relaxation exercises, deep breathing or simply closing your eyes and imagining a peaceful scene may help.’
- ‘During a craving, divert your attention with deep breathing, exercise or healthy snacks, such as fruits and vegetables.’
- ‘Sit in the middle of your yard and practice some deep breathing exercises.’
- ‘Practice deep-breathing exercises, visualize a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase to yourself, such as ‘take it easy.’’
- ‘It combines aspects of tai chi and yoga (such as stretching, deep breathing and relaxation) with the dynamic movements of a dance class.’
- ‘Engage in stress-relieving activities, like walking, talking to others, or using deep-breathing exercises;’
- ‘Do some relaxation exercises, some deep breathing, to help mentally remind your body that it's time to work in a different way.’
- ‘Your chances of quitting smoking are better if you plan ways of coping with stress (for example, going for walks every day and doing deep-breathing exercises).’
- ‘But also choose some activities that are more about deep breathing than taking your breath away.’
- ‘For the most efficient weight loss, it can help to practise a deep-breathing technique each day.’
- ‘Panic attacks can be controlled through relaxation, deep breathing and medication.’
- ‘While the tea cools, do some deep breathing exercises’
- ‘Strategies for managing stress include deep-breathing exercises, visualization techniques and relaxation exercises.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.