One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See deep pockets
- ‘So far, only deep-pocketed car and aerospace companies can afford such systems.’
- ‘These deep-pocketed owners have a keen interest in making sure their clubs remain among the international elite.’
- ‘The evidence of Scotland's enduring popularity for the deep-pocketed property magnate is everywhere.’
- ‘With a deep-pocketed corporate parent, it can keep plugging away for years.’
- ‘Pay any more, and you enter into a rarefied world inhabited by passionate and deep-pocketed collectors; the rest of us usually pass by with a shake of the head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.