One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The elimination of duplicate or redundant information, especially in computer data.‘deduplication removes the repetitive information before storing it’
- ‘There is a degree of compression and deduplication with the focus being on performance rather than lowering the cost / GB.’
- ‘Increasing demand for storage means deduplication has moved from nice to have to absolute must.’
- ‘Deduplication and compression lower the cost of both the flash and RAM.’
- ‘The array also offers deduplication and hardware-based data compression capabilities.’
- ‘Disk-based storage with deduplication can offer protection as well as efficient and high-speed backup and recovery processes.’
Mid 19th century (in botanical sense ‘division of one organ into two’): via French from de- + duplication.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.