One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See decreaseas submodifier ‘voters have proved decreasingly willing to support the party’
- ‘Facts and objectivity remain important, but decreasingly so; in postmodern journalism, subjectivity is admired.’
- ‘With decreasingly few exceptions, media is supported by advertising.’
- ‘Changes in urban areas have resulted in a decreasingly child-friendly environment.’
- ‘Dynamic debates within higher education were increasingly Africa-oriented and Africa-focused and decreasingly driven by the disciplines and discourses of their overseas counterparts.’
- ‘Over time, the regional economy can become decreasingly dependent on a narrow staple export base and growth can become self-sustaining.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.